This spell allows caster to alter reality in many ways. In Baldur's Gate it is done through summoning Djinni with which the caster "negotiates" various effects. Effects are chosen semi-randomly with wisdom affecting whether effects will be more positive or negative, with higher wisdom giving more good effects, and low wisdom giving more bad effects.
- Bring a Meteor Swarm down upon the caster.
- Caster loses all memorized spells.
- Heal all enemies in the area.
- Improved Haste on all enemies in the area - Lasts 26 rounds.
- Level Drain two levels from each party member - Casts Energy Drain at every party member.
- Party loses 10,000 gp.
- Slow the entire party.
- Summon an extra hostile monster into the area - Summons hostile Dark Planetar.
- Temporarily remove 15% of all party members' HPs - Lasts 1 turn.
- Temporarily remove half of the caster's HP - Lasts 3 turns.
- Temporarily reduce the Strength of all party members to 3 - Lasts one day.
- Temporarily reduce the Wisdom of all party members to 3 - Lasts half a day.
- Temporarily reduce the Constitution of all party members to 3 - Permanent until dispelled.
- Temporarily reduce the Dexterity of all party members to 3 - Lasts half a day.
- Temporarily reduce the Intelligence of all party members to 3 - Permanent until dispelled.
- Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting on everyone in the area, including the party - Can be extremely devastating since it can affect several creatures at once if they're grouped. Cast at level 20.
- Blow all people, including party members, away from the caster - Casts dragon's Wing Buffet.
- Breach on all enemies in the area - Affects everyone. Turns summons and neutral creatures hostile.
- Breach on everyone in the area, including the party - Turns summons and neutral creatures hostile.
- Everyone in the area, both party members and enemies, become intoxicated - -3 luck modifier and a +3 morale bonus. Turns summons and neutral creatures hostile.
- Haste everyone in the area, including enemies - Lasts 26 rounds.
- Heal everyone, party members and enemies included.
- Incur bad luck on everyone in the area, including party members - -5 luck for 1 turn.
- Magic Resistance (Spell) on everyone in the area, including enemies - Lasts 22 rounds.
- Miscast Magic on everyone in the area, including party members - Lasts 1 turn.
- Temporarily set Strength to 18 for everyone in the area, including enemies - Lasts half a day.
- Silence on everyone in the area, including party members - Lasts 7 rounds.
- Improved Haste on all party members - Lasts 26 rounds.
- Restoration on all party members - Greater Restoration instead of regular.
- Raise all party members' characteristics to 25 for 4 rounds.
- Resurrection on all dead party members.
- All party members gain the temporary ability 'Greater Deathblow' - Lasts 2 rounds.
- All party members gain the temporary ability 'Hardiness' - Lasts 3 seconds per level, stacks with regular Hardiness.
- Create a random wand in caster's inventory - Can spawn Wands of: Fear, Magic Missiles, Paralyzation, Fire, Frost, Lightning, Spell Striking and Cursing.
- Create a random potion in the caster's inventory - Can spawn Oil of Speed, Antidote and Potions of Regeneration, Extra Healing, Superior Healing, Genius, Clarity, Absorption, Cold Resistance, Insulation, and Insight.
- Make it as if the entire party has just rested a full night and re-memorized all their spells - the best effect, should be prioritized first.
- Cast a double-length Time Stop and Improved Alacrity on the caster - some creatures immune to a regular Time Stop are not immune to this one.
Where to obtain the scrollEdit
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of AmnEdit
- Watcher's Keep - Aesgareth, you must win his game for scroll of wish
- Watcher's Keep - dropped by Nalrissa
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of BhaalEdit
- Arcana Archives - Saradush
Exploiting Wish spellEdit
Since this spell is pretty random and wasting 9th level slot on it is impractical, yet it has very good effects and can help you tremendously, you can use this tip to increase the odds of getting the right effect.
- You should have at least 3 scrolls of wish, 1 potion of insight and both Simulacrum and Project Image spells.
- Put scrolls and potion into the quick items bar.
- Cast simulacrum and project image.
- Now they both receive their own copy of scrolls and potions, so they can cast Wish 6 times in a row with 18 wisdom and for free!
- Reap the rewards!
Notes: You're NOT guaranteed getting a good result even with this method. Spell is capped at 18 wisdom, so raising it more will not help you. DO NOT save&reload when you already summoned your images, because on reloading they will lose their quick bar items. All created items by images will be spawned in their inventory and are lost.