Wizard slayers have bonus to magic resistance of 1% for each level and in addition, starting from lvl 20, they gain 5% magical resistance every even level and 1% every odd level (Ex: 36% at level 24).
Every successful hit also lowers the chance by 25% to successfully cast spells for 5 rounds. The duration refreshes with new hits. This can be very effective if the character specializes in some fast weapons like darts (2 additional attacks per round (APR) not to exceed base cap of 5), or bows (1 additional attack per round) like the Mana Bow.
[4 Successful Hits (not just attacks) on an enemy spell caster will render them unable to cast spells. Critical Strike is therefore the preferred high level ability.]
They can wear magical body armor, helmets and wield magical shields, weapons and magical ammunition, but the main disadvantage is that enchanted rings, amulets/necklaces, boots, bracers and gauntlets are off-limits. This is best circumvented by Use Any Item as a high level ability which a human should obtain by going Dual-Class to thief after 13 levels of fighter.
Quick inventory items and other consumables which can be used by wizard slayers are:
Some good races for this class-kit (if not dual-classing) are elves (90% bonus versus sleep), or any "shorty race" (shorty race Constitution saving throw bonus) suffices as well to make them even better magic tanks. Humans can dual-class with a mage, thief, or cleric without problems from this class kit.
Character abilities tableEdit
|Min. requirement||Max. possible|
- Prime Requisites for Dual-Classing. Humans Require a minimum of 15 in this stat and a 17 in the prime requisite(s) of the class you are dualling to.
Note: For the information of this table, the human class was used, because humans don't have any bonuses to the primary abilities and act as a neutral. For all other races these numbers are slightly different. Elves have even higher minimal requirements.
Advanced Weapon SpecializationEdit
Advanced Weapon Specialization raises the number of points that can be invested into a specific proficiency from one point to five points. As a result, fighters may do more damage and hit more often with weapons from the specific proficiency. For more information on proficiency points, see Weapon proficiency.
|Level of proficiency||Points spent||Bonus to hit||Bonus damage||Attacks per round+|
High-level class abilitiesEdit
High level class abilities are added the expansion Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. For all warrior classes and Monks, the pool of abilities consist of abilities which can be accesses from the special abilities menu which can be used during battle. These abilities are available to fighters when they nearing 3,000,000 xp. (exact lvl is not known).
- Power Attack, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Critical Strike, requires power attack. This ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Smite, requires power attack and critical strike. This ability can be selected only one time.
- Deathblow, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Greater Deathblow, requires deathblow. This ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Whirlwind, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Greater Whirlwind, it requires whirlwind. This ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Battle Cry, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Hardiness, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Resist Magic, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
Table for experience, weapon proficiency points and hitpointsEdit
For more information, see Experience tables.
|Level||Required Experience||Proficiency Points||Attacks||Hit Dice (d10)|
|10||500,000||1.5||9 + 3|
|11||750,000||1.5||9 + 6|
|12||1,000,000||8||1.5||9 + 9|
|13||1,250,000||2||9 + 12|
|14||1,500,000||2||9 + 15|
|15||1,750,000||9||2||9 + 18|
|16||2,000,000||2||9 + 21|
|17||2,250,000||2||9 + 24|
|18||2,500,000||10||2||9 + 27|
|19||2,750,000||2||9 + 30|
|20||3,000,000||2||9 + 33|
|21||3,250,000||11||2||9 + 36|
|22||3,500,000||2||9 + 39|
|23||3,750,000||2||9 + 42|
|24||4,000,000||12||2||9 + 45|
|25||4,250,000||2||9 + 48|
|26||4,500,000||2||9 + 51|
|27||4,750,000||13||2||9 + 54|
|28||5,000,000||2||9 + 57|
|29||5,250,000||2||9 + 60|
|30||5,500,000||14||2||9 + 63|
|31||5,750,000||2||9 + 66|
|32||6,000,000||2||9 + 69|
|33||6,250,000||15||2||9 + 72|
|34||6,500,000||2||9 + 75|
|35||6,750,000||2||9 + 78|
|36||7,000,000||16||2||9 + 81|
|37||7,250,000||2||9 + 84|
|38||7,500,000||2||9 + 87|
|39||7,750,000||17||2||9 + 90|
|40||8,000,000||2||9 + 93|